Build SBAWP’s Future
Building the foundation today for all of the tomorrows!
Making a Bequest to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania
A bequest to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania is a simple and convenient way to provide important support for our mission to provide a continuum of support services, education and advocacy for individuals with Spina Bifida and their families.
A bequest by will or revocable trust can be tailored to complement your personal lifestyle and financial goals while also providing critical support to the SBAWP as we work to help all individuals with Spina Bifida to develop as youth and achieve independence as adults. As with current gifts, bequests may be designated either as unrestricted – giving the SBAWP the most flexibility – or restricted (that is designated for a specific purpose). If you have not already done so, please consider adding the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania to your will or revocable trust.
If you have included the SBAWP in a bequest provision, please notify us so that we can ensure your wishes can be fulfilled. Your notification will be treated confidentially.
A bequest to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania may be the right gift for you if:
- You want to help ensure that individuals with Spina Bifida have the opportunity to develop relationships with others through camps and weekend retreats; and that their caregivers have an opportunity to enjoy a respite from the daily routine of caring for their loved one.
- Long-term planning is more important to you than an immediate income-tax deduction.
- You want the flexibility of a gift commitment that doesn’t affect your current cash flow.
You can determine the size of your bequest by designating that the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania receives:
- A percentage of your total estate. In using this approach, your gift adjusts with changes in the size of your estate.
- The residue or a percentage of the residue of your estate. After specific gifts to your loved ones have been made, you may designate that the entire residue or a percentage of the remainder shall go to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania. With this approach as well, your gift adjusts with changes in the size of your estate.
- A gift of a specific amount. You specifiy a dollar amount to be given to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania. With this kind of gift, it is especially important to keep your will or trust updated.
Sample bequest language to share with your attorney or estate planner:
“I give[___% of my estate] [the residue of my estate] [___% of the residue of my estate] [$________]
to the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation (EIN 25-1337324), with principal offices located at 3000 Stonewood Drive, Suite 100, Wexford, PA 15090, to be used in such a manner as the Executive Director may direct.”
The staff at the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania will be happy to work with you and your attorney in arranging your bequest. Having a conversation in advance with our staff will ensure that your wishes will be carried out, particularly if you are considering special restrictions to your gift.
Please write, call, or email:
Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
We simply cannot do our work without you!Please note that the suggested language supplied here does not constitute legal advice and is not to be construed as legal advice in any manner. Please consult your attorney concerning the best way for you to provide for the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania in your estate plan.